Kenya Ports Authority is a state corporation with the responsibility to “maintain, operate, improve and regulate all scheduled seaports” on the Indian Ocean coastline of Kenya. Our vision is to become “World class seaports of choice” and this is a vision that we strongly believe to be attainable.
Looking to the present as well as to the future, the Authority is extremely dedicated in equipping young adults with skills needed in the modern business world and giving them an exposure of a workplace environment.
The Authority is pleased to announce the following fifty (50) internship vacancies in the following departments for a minimum period of six months with effect from March 2017.
- DEPARTMENT NUMBERS REQUIRED
- Terminal Engineering 4
- Terminal & Conventional Operations 6
- Information, Communication & Technology 3
- Mechanical Engineering 4
- Electrical Engineering 4
- Civil Engineering 4
- Marine Engineering 3
- Bandari College (Kitchen & Housekeeping)
- Finance 2
- Safety 2
- Procurement 2
- Port Logistics 2
- Human Resources 2
- Legal 2
- Project Development & Management 2
- Insurance 1
- Corporate Development 1
- Communication/Public Relations 1
Candidates for the Internship program in the departments indicated above must fulfil the following criteria:
Must be a current undergraduate student or diploma holder in the following areas:-
- Information, Communication & Technology
- Civil, Marine, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic/Automotive Engineering,
- Transport & Logistics
- Supply Chain Management
- Accounting & Finance
- Human Resources Management
- Communication/Public Relations
- Be unemployed Kenyan graduates from recognized training institutions who have completed their degree / diploma courses and have not been exposed to work experience related to their area of study.
- Not have benefited from a similar program.
- Not have retired or exited from formal employment;
- Applications for internship should be supported by the University/College or related Institution records.
How To Apply
Send your resume and supporting documents stating the area of study in your subject reference and availability period e.g. March – May 2017 to the Head of Human Resources by 30th December 2016.
Head of Human Resources
Kenya Ports Authority
P.O Box 95009 – 80104