After IEBC announced that it aims to enforce the Chapter Six requirements on leadership and integrity, 106 aspirants could be locked out of vying for a public office in the forthcoming Aug polls.
The listed hopefuls include 19 Governors, 4 senators, 3 women reps and 23 MPs. The list was generated after it emerged that they failed the Integrity test done by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
DID YOU MISS THIS?
- SHARE This Video Widely!!! Kenyan Girl In Saudi Arabia Being Mistreated (Video)
- Nairobi’s Cutest Thug Finally Laid To Rest In Murang’a
- Governor Mike Sonko 2 Major Changes Barely A Week Since He Was Elected
Below is the full list
- Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua
- Garissa Governor Nathif Jama
- Busia Governor Sospeter Ojamong
- Muranga Governor Mwangi wa Iria
- Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero
- Siaya Governor Cornel Rasanga
- Kirinyaga Gubernatorial aspirant Anne Waiguru
- Migori Governor Okoth Obado
- Nyandarua Governor Waithaka Mwangi
- Isiolo Governor Godana Doyo
- Taita Taveta Gubernatorial aspirant Granton Samboja
- Nairobi Gubernatorial aspirant Mike Sonko (Nairobi)
- Meru Gubernatorial aspirant Mithike Linturi
- Kisii Gubernatorial aspirant Chris Obure
- Mandera governor aspirant Hassan Noor
- Tharaka Nithi Gubernatorial aspirant Francis Kiambi
- Meru Governor Peter Munya
- Mombasa Gubernatorial aspirant Chitavi Antony Mkalla
- Thuo Mathenge (Nyeri)
The charges pressed against the above by the report from the EACC include abuse of office, misuse of public funds, money laundering, bribery, conflict of interest, falsification of academic papers and obstruction of lawful authority and destruction of evidence.
Even though majority of those in the list have been cleared but those with certificates are not yet officially candidates until their names are published in the Kenya Gazette