18 National Super Alliance (NASA) Member of County Assembly candidates who lost in the August elections have vowed to campaign for President Uhuru Kenyatta ahead of the repeat presidential election.
The 18 politicians were led by former Kitui Senator David Musila, who led other Ukamabani leaders in defecting from NASA to the Jubilee Party last month.
DID YOU MISS THIS?
- END OF THE ROAD: IEBC Kicks Out Jubilee Billionaire From Race! (FULL DETAILS)
- Wema Sepetu Got A BUTT Boost, Zari Hassan Reveals Where She Did IT!
- Betty Kyallo Set To Marry This Tycoon After He Proposed In China, This Post Is Breaking The Internet
Musila announced the community was fed up with being held hostage to the political decisions of National Super Alliance (NASA) co-principal Kalonzo Musyoka.
He added that they did not wish to be locked out of government for the next term.
Ahead of the polls re-run, the Jubilee Party, through its Secretary General Raphael Tuju, has issued a statement rejecting the new Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) team that was announced on Wednesday by Chairman Wafula Chebukati.
In the letter, the party acknowledges it respects the poll body and the challenges it’s facing but it disagrees with the list that was put forward.
“We have noted that you have established a project team…we also appreciate the difficult situation you find yourself but we have received credible information that in the list are people known to be partisan,” read part of the statement.
The document had the names of staff members the party had an issue with and included:
- Marijan Hussein Marijan5. Joseph Ayatta
- Salome Oyugi 6. Joyce Ekuam
- Decimah Mmayi 7. Limus Onyango
- Chrispine Owiye 8. Caroline Manyange