Former Devolution PS Peter Mang’iti narrated circumstances that led to the loss of Sh791 million National Youth Service (NYS) scam.
Appearing before National Assembly PAC on Wednesday, Mangiti, who was charged with trying to cover up a conspiracy to embezzle the NYS of Sh695.4 million gave 10 shocking revelations.
The revelations are as follows:-
- Mangiti said during his time at the NYS, former devolution CS Anne Waiguru frustrated him and also scolded him in front of his employees.
- He said Waiguru was the one who created the position of deputy director general which was handed over to Harakhe.
- Mangiti said Waiguru planted advisers everywhere including Betty Maina to give instructions to senior NYS officers .
- Mangiti said he was forced to sign a letter creating a new deputy director general position for Harakhe at NYS.
- He said he was given heavy jobs at the ministry. But since he was suspended, 4 people are currently doing that job at the ministry.
- The former PS said political analyst Mutahi Ngunyi’s company “The Consulting House” was solely headhunted and single sourced by Waiguru.
- He said heads of departments of accounts and procurement were informed not to report to him by the CS.
- Mangiti claimed Waiguru propagated the narrative that he was a mole and a saboteur of the government agenda because of his tribe.
- He said the reporting structure was sabotaged.
- Mangiti said he was forced to warn his staff during meetings not to abandon their duties because of the influence of the advisers