The University of St. Thomas is offering scholarship to the students of USA. The scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate programme in communication and journalism.
The aim of the scholarship is to give support to students in the field of communication and journalism.
The University of St. Thomas, a Catholic comprehensive urban university, is known nationally for academic excellence that prepares students for the complexities of the contemporary world. The University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The university welcomes students of all ages, religions, races and financial backgrounds. The University strive to create a community that embraces caring, diversity, learning, civility,
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the subjects of communication and journalism.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover full tuition for one year at the University of St. Thomas.
Numbers of Scholarships: One
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Be high school seniors during the 2016-2017 school year
- Have completed a ThreeSixty Journalism summer camp beyond a one-week summer College Essay Boot Camp
- Apply and be accepted to attend St. Thomas as an undergraduate in the fall of 2017
- Demonstrate financial need based upon the results of the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Nationality: Applicants of US can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have completed a ThreeSixty Journalism summer camp beyond a one-week summer College Essay Boot Camp.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by online mode.
- List the dates you attended the ThreeSixty summer camp and, if applicable, you participated on the Editorial Board or News Team.
- Provide two 200-250 word essays that answer the following:
- As journalism and communications are changing rapidly, describe what part of the profession most excites you and how you envision yourself contributing to the field.
- The University of St. Thomas is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that embraces students of all races, backgrounds and beliefs. What traits or experiences from your life will add diversity to our campus community?
- A list of leadership roles, accomplishments, awards and achievements.
- Attach one sample of your recent non-fiction writing: an article or essay.
- Provide a 100-200 word statement describing how your work sample reflects a lesson you learned during your work with ThreeSixty Journalism.
- Please compile your materials before entering the application site as it does not allow you to save an incomplete application. We recommend first typing your essay responses in a document and then copying and pasting into the application. Upload the work sample as a PDF.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 10, 2017.