It is believed that under Jubilee government, over 20 scandals have occurred. The scandals may not necessarily be associated with the incumbent administration, but the fact is they have occurred
The latest scandal is the disappearance of Ksh 5 billion from Afya House through corruption. Another scandal, a popular one is the Eurobond.
Below is a list of scandals that have occurred in the past 4 years.
- KSh. 53 billion Laptop tendering rejected by court, whereabouts of money already allocated by parliament unknown.
- KSh314.2 billion Standard Gauge Tendering (shrouded inflated Chinese single sourcing).
- KSh475billion Irregular Lamu Coal project award (a company that did not even submit a proposal at the RFP stage).
- Ksh10billion GDC tendering scandal.
- K Sh55.6 billion JKIA New Terminal irregular tendering through KAA.
- GDC 60Billion failed oil drill well
- Chicken gate IEBC scandal kshs 50M.
- Weston Hotel primary school land grabbing.
- Lamu irregular land allocations revealed by post al shabaab terror attack investigations.
- KSh. 8billion Karen Land saga involving 40mps.
- Ksh38Billion medical import irregular leasing.
- Mara Narok 4.5Billion KAPS Revenue collection scandal
- 15Billion CCTV Single sourced to Safaricom.
- 1.3Billion irregular drug haul ship explosion.
- Kshs 100million hustler’s jet.
- Uhuru Anglo leasing kshs 3 Billion payout reward.
- The forced digital migration and secret. PANG 10% local shareholding muscling into projected $550M revenue in advertising next year.
- Goodyear convicted in the USA for 1.5 Billion and 135 Million bribes to senior government officials.
- Billions Unaccounted for in various ministries – Auditor General’s report.
- 2Billion NYS saga.
- Galana irrigation scheme scandal.
Do you have any other to add?